by Anne Pippen
This article was first published at http://healthyvendingmachinesraleighdurham.com
Eating on the run can often times not be very conducive to overall health and well being. This is usually due to the wide variety of junk foods available to travelers, such as fast food. Below are 10 tips to help you eat healthy while on the go.
(1) Seek out healthy vending machines instead of those filled with candy, chips, and other junk foods. Healthy vending machines can provide dried fruit and other alternative eating options.
(2) Stay away from burger joints, and instead hit sandwich shops that offer healthier options.
(3) When out and about, always choose salad, fruits, or vegetables over chips, fries, or onion rings.
(4) Being constantly on the go can be really stressful, and stress usually causes us to over-eat. Make sure that you restrict your daily calorie intake to a reasonable and healthy level.
(5) Instead of drinking cola or soda pop, instead grab a fresh juice from a healthy vending machine. Many major cities across the US now offer healthy vending options that include fresh juice, mineral water, and other healthy beverages.
(6) Put those potato chips down, and instead seek out a healthy vending choice that may include veggie chips, baked chips, or another healthy snack alternative.
(7) When you find healthy vending options around the city that offer healthy foods, be sure to save their locations on your cell phone so that you can find them again. Eating healthy shouldn’t just be a daily event it should be a life long process.
(8) If you own your own business, then you’re probably always short on time. On days that you can’t head out for a bite to eat, instead order in a healthy option. These days many healthy eateries offer delivery options that cater towards small businesses.
(9) Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals can create a myriad of health problems, and it can even offset your body’s metabolism. Always do your best to eat regularly throughout the day.
(10) The most obvious way to eat healthy when on the run, is to bring healthy food choices with you from home. This will give you full control over what you’re putting into your body while outside of your house, and it is also likely to save you a considerable amount of money. So grab some celery sticks, carrots, healthy sandwich, and mineral water, and you’ll be set.
After working at Duke University Medical Center for almost 25 years in cardiology research Anne started a small business to help counteract the unhealthy options available to people when only a vending machine is available.
Part of the problem affecting the population with cardiological diseases and disorders are due to improper diet. However, when one travels or only has access to vending machines the options for healthy alternatives is usually not available. There is a real need to have healthier options available to people everywhere to help decrease the problem of heart disease and diabetes.
While conducting medical research on vascular diseases Anne realized how true that need is, so the development of Healthy Vending Machines was formed.
Visit Healthy Vending Machine’s webpage at http://healthyvendingmachinesraleighdurham.com or call Anne at 919-451-3224 to learn more about installing a healthy vending machine at your place of business.