It is not inevitable that you will gain weight during the holiday season. In fact, the behavior you have during the holidays is reflective of the behavior you have throughout your entire life. When you are living an overall HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, you can choose to indulge occasionally without regret. Consider following the 80/20 rule for healthy moderation.
5 Healthy Tips for Holiday Parties
Stay on Track With Your Health and Still Have Fun
- Plan Ahead: Never go to a party hungry. Have a healthy low-glycemic snack before you arrive. Yogurt, a serving of fruit, raw veggies or a nutrition bar are all good choices.
- Bring your Own: Bring a healthy recipe item to share. That way, you will know there is at least one healthy choice on the table.
- Use a Small Plate: Filling a small plate naturally keeps your serving sizes smaller without feeling deprived.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water before and during the party. Not only does it help you stay away from calorie rich drinks, but it helps keep your skin healthy and flushes out toxins.
- Enjoy the Experience: While food is an integral part of celebrations, keep the focus on the real meaning of the holidays that is joy, laughter, and being around family and friends.
The benefits of a healthy lifestyle empowers you to live an abundant life both physically and emotionally. You deserve to feel and look your best every day!