I’m always wanting a boost of protein in the middle of the afternoon, and these easy energy balls are quick to make and easy to store in the freezer for a healthy treat.
I know you’re hungry, so let’s get started:
Easy Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup organic drippy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional for more protein 1/3 cup USANA chocolate nutrimeal
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add in USANA nutrimeal or USANA SmartShake protein powder, coconut, flaxseed meal, oats, chocolate chips and chia seeds. Mix until well combined.
- I usually have to use my hands to mix and work with the dough. At this point you should be able to form balls that stick together. Because all peanut butter/nut butter consistencies are different and depending on what protein powder you use, you may need to add in more nut butter to help the balls stick together.
- Form into 12 balls and place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for a month.